Reds vs. Mets Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The New York Mets (68-78) host the Cincinnati Reds (76-72) to start a three-game series at Citi Field, with first pitch at 7:10 PM ET on Friday. The Mets are coming off a series victory over the Diamondbacks, and the Reds a series win over the Tigers.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Mets will send David Peterson (3-8) to the mound, while Hunter Greene (4-6) will get the nod for the Reds.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Reds vs. Mets Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: SNY
- Location: Queens, New York
- Venue: Citi Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Peterson - NYM (3-8, 5.34 ERA) vs Greene - CIN (4-6, 4.43 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Reds Injury Report|
|Mets vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Mets vs Reds|
|Mets vs Reds Odds|
|Mets vs Reds Prediction|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Greene
- The Reds will send Greene (4-6) to the mound for his 19th start of the season. He is 4-6 with a 4.43 ERA and 123 strikeouts over 91 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Sunday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when the right-hander went six innings, surrendering no earned runs while giving up only one hit.
- The 24-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.43, with 12.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 18 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .244 batting average against him.
- Greene enters this outing with six quality starts under his belt this year.
- Greene will look to extend a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.1 frames per appearance).
- He will try for his third straight outing without allowing an earned run.
Hunter Greene vs. Mets
- He will face off against a Mets squad that is batting .238 as a unit (25th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .409 (18th in the league) with 195 total home runs (10th in MLB play).
- In 5 1/3 innings over one appearance against the Mets this season, Greene has a 3.38 ERA and a 1.875 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .286.
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: David Peterson
- Peterson (3-8) will take to the mound for the Mets and make his 19th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw six innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up three earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 24 games this season with an ERA of 5.34, a 2.45 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.601.
- He has earned a quality start three times in 18 starts this season.
- Peterson has made 10 starts of five or more innings in 18 chances this season, and averages 3.9 frames when he pitches.
- He has finished six appearances without allowing an earned run in 24 chances this season.
David Peterson vs. Reds
- The Reds rank 15th in MLB with a .248 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 15th in the league (.413) and 171 home runs.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Reds in one game, and they have gone 7-for-17 with three doubles and four RBI over 3 1/3 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.