WYMT-TV is looking for a dynamic producer to join its award-winning news team. Successful candidates must utilize strong editorial, journalistic and communication skills. Our producers have multiple live capabilities to put together an informative, fast-paced newscast.
We work hard and have fun! Great station! Great company!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
• Work with reporters and news managers to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
• Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
• Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
• Collaborate with reporters and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions, and teases
• Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
• Develop and organize newscasts
• Make time-sensitive decisions
• Write clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines
• Demonstrate creativity and strong editorial judgment
• Follow journalistic and libel laws
• Edit video for broadcasts and the web
• Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
The successful applicant's background must include a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field. He/she must be a self-starter with a passion for news.