Our newsroom is focused on and dedicated to local weather.
WYMT is looking for a personable and passionate Chief Meteorologist to lead our award-winning weather team. Successful candidates must have advanced forecasting skills and the ability to handle severe weather situations.
Duties include producing accurate and viewer-focused forecasts and content for broadcast, digital platforms and all forms of social media.
Our coverage area sees all four weather seasons, meaning our meteorologists get real hands-on experience forecasting everything from severe thunderstorms and tornadoes, to flooding, heavy snow and major ice storms.
• The Chief Meteorologist is responsible for preparing and delivering accurate and reliable weather reports over multiple platforms.
• Prepare and deliver urgent weather updates, interrupting regular programming as necessary.
• Report live from events and make public appearances and volunteer in community projects on behalf of station as needed.
• Write and produce content for multiple media platforms
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in meteorology is required.
• Knowledgeable with WSI MAX is a plus.
• NWA and/or CBM seal preferred.
No Phone Calls Please.
Employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug-screening test and driving record check.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WYMT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.