WYMT-TV is looking for a self-motivated, aggressive, enterprising and intellectually curious news professional to fill some big shoes.
WYMT has a proven record of turning out solid journalists capable of moving up in the ranks quickly. Three years ago, our 11 pm anchor jumped to Miami, Florida. ESPN`s Jay Crawford started his career with WYMT. Another former Sports Director, Derek Forrest, recently accepted a position in Cleveland and a former producer is an Executive Producer in Atlanta. Our anchors, reporters, and producers typically move on to Top 40 Markets and higher.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
• Work with producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
• Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories
• Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
• Collaborate with producers and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions, and teases
• Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
• Covers news in the field to generate, produce and deliver high profile special reports
• Edit video for broadcasts and the web
• Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
Degree in broadcast journalism or three years experience.