LANGLEY, Ky. (WYMT) - Senior libero Kiara Warrens signed her letter of intent to play next season at the University of Pikeville. Warrens will graduate as the program's all-time leader in digs, and helped lead the Lady Jaguars to their first-ever 15th Region championship in 2019.
"It means I get to continue doing what I love for the next four years," Warrens said after her signing. "I liked that it was close to home, and it's a friendly environment with a lot of friendly faces and stuff."
Here are Warrens' career totals, according to Floyd Central assistant coach Josh McKinney:
- 861 digs (school career record)
- 84 service aces
- 57 assists
- 2019 KVCA Preseason Watch List
- All-District (2018, 2019)
- 2019 58th District Tournament MVP
- 2019 15th Region Tournament All-Tournament Team
- 2019 Appalachian News Express All-Area Team
- Career digs (861)
- Single-season digs (402 in 2019)
- Single-match digs (32 on October 2, 2018 vs. Pike Co. Central)
- She is the fourth Floyd Central volleyball player to sign a collegiate letter of intent since the program started in 2017.