Fettuccine with Salmon and Asparagus
POINTS® Value: 5 Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 8 min Cooking Time: 20 min Level of Difficulty: Easy
This pasta dish serves two for a main meal, but it could also serve four as a light first course. For variety, substitute broccoli for the asparagus.
· 8 oz asparagus
· 2 tsp olive oil
· 3 medium garlic clove(s), finely chopped
· 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
· 1/4 cup hot water
· 1/4 tsp table salt
· 1/8 tsp table salt
· 4 oz uncooked fettuccine
· 6 oz salmon fillet(s), with or without skin, skinless
· 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
· Snap off woody ends of asparagus; cut each stalk crosswise diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; sauté 1 minute. Add asparagus and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in hot water and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover skillet and cook asparagus 2 minutes or until almost tender. Uncover and cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
· Cook fettuccine according to package instructions. Meanwhile, place salmon in a microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until fish is just cooked through. Separate fillet into bite-size chunks, and mix gently with cooking juices in bowl.
· Drain pasta and mix with asparagus in skillet; add salmon with juices, gently toss and serve.
© 2008 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2008 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WEIGHT WATCHERS and POINTS are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and are used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.