Powell County woman escapes early morning fire

By  | 

POWELL COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - A Powell County woman is safe Friday morning after she woke up to smoke and flames in her home.

It happened after midnight on Winchester Road, sister station WKYT reports.

The woman was asleep when she heard what she thought was someone breaking in. She then realized the house was on fire and quickly got outside.

Almost half of the home was damaged, and fire officials say nothing inside was saved. The woman said she thinks the cause of the fire was faulty wiring.

High winds made it difficult to fight the flames.

"When you've got wind, it feeds the flames, harder to battle that, finds all the void spaces," said Fire Chief Mike Sparks. "We have to dig until we actually find where the seed of the fire is to put it out."



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus