MANCHESTER, Ky. (WYMT) - Early Thursday morning, Chad's Hope, a drug treatment facility caught
The fire started in the small attic around the chimney.
"I just ran to the kitchen and I got anything I could and just started filling it up with water and I had guys run to me as quick as they can and I was filling up the water to get to the fire," said Antwan Henson a student at Chad's Hope.
The students managed to contain the blaze until the fire department arrived.
"There was a sense of peace about the whole thing," said Chad's Hope Executive Director Steve May.
For safety precautions, they were forced to leave.
"The only immediate resource than I knew of was the Best Western motel. They treated us like kings up there," said May.
After the first night, churches from all over the region started providing not just supplies but hope.
"Nothing but love from everywhere," said student Tommy Melton.
Manchester Baptist Church has opened its doors to the students.
"When there's tragedy in Manchester, people especially the church people they come together. That's what they did. They came together for us," said Henson.
They have received food, clothing and financial support from many people and churches.
"At this point, we need very little because they've sent us everything we need," said May.
They are grateful for what they still have.
"I look back four months ago where my life was now every day is Thanksgiving for me. I'm thankful just to be here and be alive," said Melton.
The building will need a thorough inspection and cleaning before they can return.
They expect it to take about two weeks.