Job Opening: Full Time Technical Media Producer
At WYMT we are family. We work hard and play to win, and have fun doing it. For more than 30 years of ratings dominance, we believe in giving back to our community. Rarely will you find a festival, parade, or charity event that does not include WYMT. We never take our success for granted and expect our employees to excel to the next level. Our culture is simple: we are a cohesive TEAM that invests in our people with continued learning and professional development. WYMT is the number one station in town for a reason: We are your Mountain Television.
The Technical Media Producer (TMP) position is primarily responsible for coding and directing newscasts, going on remote productions, and running master control programming. Attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to work with others is a must. The successful candidate will possess an operating knowledge of PCs. Prior production/master control experience is a plus. Additional training will be necessary for the successful applicant, and will be supplied by the station. 40 hours per week.
• Setting up audio/video equipment for remote events.
• Running Camera, Graphics, and Audio for Live Remotes
• Running master control programming.
• Editing commercials and ingesting into the master control systems.
• Work with producers and team to prepare for newscasts.
• Coding and Directing Live or Pre-Recorded productions using Ross Overdrive System
• Monitoring on-air signals, transmitter readings, and other duties as assigned.
• Editing news content for newscasts.
• High School diploma and some college preferred
• Hours will be set based on when the position is filled. Scheduling will be flexible to accommodate for production needs.
• Minimum overtime is required
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.