(WYMT) - Tuesday at 4 p.m. marked the deadline to request a recanvass of last week's election results.
Recanvasses will take place Thursday at 9 a.m.
We expect several here in Eastern Kentucky.
A couple of notable races include the too-close-to-call state representative races between Democrat Cluster Howard and incumbent Republican Toby Herald, and incumbent Jill York and Democrat Kathy Hinkle.
The race of Loyall Mayor in Harlan County, which ended in a tie, will also be recanvassed. If it remains deadlocked, a coin toss will determine the winner.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes announced her office will be recanvassing the following races:
- State Representative, District 13 (Daviess County)
- State Representative, District 27 (Hardin and Meade Counties)
- State Representative, District 81 (Madison County)
- State Representative, District 88 (Fayette County)
- State Representative, District 91 (Breathitt, Estill, Lee, Madison and Owsley Counties)
- State Representative, District 96 (Carter and Lawrence Counties)
- Commonwealth's Attorney, 37th Judicial Circuit (Carter, Elliott and Morgan Counties)