Police: Facebook argument leads to stabbing

Published: Sep. 27, 2019 at 5:23 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
Update 10/2

Timothy Gullett was arrested after him and another man argued on Facebook.

Gullett claims Brandon Fannin and Jerry Maynard hit him in the head with some sort of object and then he stabbed them both.

Arraignment for Gullett is scheduled for October 28.

Original Story

Deputies in Martin County belive a dispute on Facebook led to two men being stabbed and another being arrested.

"The only thing I know is I heard a big ruckus," recalled Willard Maynard.

"One of them kind of hollered, "hurry up, hurry up, hurry up." The next thing you know is he came across the road here, wrong driveway. Then he went to the next driveway."

The incident happened on Rockcastle Road near a heating and cooling business on Old Route three.

"It can happen about anywhere, you know?" said Willard.

When investigators arrived on scene Thursday night, they found two men, Brandon Fannin and Jerry Maynard, with numerous stab wounds to the stomach and chest area.

"The first thing like this that ever happened to me. I'm really from Ohio. I used to live in the ghetto and it wasn't this bad," explained Adam Metcalf.

Adam and Willard live in front of the local business.

Through official investigation, deputies charged Timothy Gullett with first-degree assault. He is currently in the hospital being treated for injuries.

"You never know what you're going to get into. You can walk up the road and get hit in the head or anything," said Willard.

According to an arrest citation, while being questioned Gullett told deputies, the men hit him in the face with a hammer.

He also allowed them to look at Facebook conversations between him and Jerry Maynard. In those messages, deputies say Gullett told Maynard, "You shouldn't have talked s*** boy. I'm not a keyboard warrior like you, I like to whip a**".

Gullett allegedly admitted to deputies to using a pocket knife to stab Maynard and the other miner. Deputies say he also told them he then went home to wash his hands and knife.

"Watch who you mess with," said Willard.

At this time, Brandon Fannin is still in the hospital.

Jerry Maynard received treatment and was released.

Once Timmothy Gullett is released from the hospital, he will be taken to jail.