Man electrocuted while working on powerlines, electric company says
Published: Jan. 12, 2023 at 5:19 PM EST
MERCER COUNTY, W.Va. (WVVA/Gray News) - A utility worker in West Virginia died by electrocution while on the job Wednesday.
West Virginia State Police said 24-year-old Daniel McGrath was installing fiber optic wire while working on a bucket truck near a road in Oakvale.
American Electric Power said it was contacted by the Mercer County 911 Center that afternoon.
WVVA said AEP was asked to turn off the power to a utility pole in Oakvale.
AEP reported McGrath had come into contact with a line on that pole, and first responders were unable to move his body until the power was cut.
Copyright 2023 WVVA via Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.