Ky. firefighter loses home in fire
LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - Laurel County firefighter John Allen and his family lost their home last week in a fire.
Allen said he woke up to the fire alarm going off and realized the dryer caught on fire in the laundry room.
“Initially you know, knowing that I was at home and my wife and kids were here. My dad instincts kicked in you know everything I know about the fire service at that particular moment went out the window,” Allen said.
No one was injured during the fire. Allen said he is glad that he was able to keep his wife and five children safe.
“I didn’t have any casualties that I had to deal with because I guarantee you if that would’ve been the case I don’t know how I would’ve been able to deal with it,” he said.
Allen has been a firefighter for nearly 18 years and said he doesn’t plan to stop anytime soon.
The London-Laurel Rescue Squad said donations to the family can be made through Frank Wilkerson at 606-872-8374.
A list of needs are below:
- Girl 1: Shirt Medium, Pants Medium, Shoe 7
- Girl 2: Shirt Large, Pants Large, Shoe 9
- Girl 3: Shirt XXL, Leggings XXL, Pants 26, Shoes 10w
- Girl 4: Shirt XL, Leggings XL, Pants 14-16, Shoes 8 1/2
- Boy: Shirts and Pants 2T-3T, Shoes 8″ Toddler, Diaper Size 6
- Mom: Shirt XL, Pants XL Jeans 16, Shoes 9
- Dad: Shirt Medium, Pants 34/32, Shoes 9
Copyright 2022 WYMT. All rights reserved.