Kroger Field limited to 12,000 fans, no tailgating
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WYMT) - UK Athletics announced that they will have 20% capacity at Kentucky football games, about 12,000 fans. Suites will be limited to 10 people.
In addition, officials say there won’t be tailgating this year.
Here is a list of measures that will be taken at Kroger Field for the 2020 season due to the pandemic, which the university developed with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures throughout the stadium prior to and during all events
- Mobile ticketing and parking passes to reduce contact between staff and fans
- Requiring face coverings for all fans at all times, with the exception of when fans are sitting in their seats while eating or drinking
- Suggesting that fans to enter and exit at specified gates
- Requiring fans to keep the proper physical distance
- Providing signage in common areas to assist with physical distancing
- Hand sanitization and washing stations located throughout the stadium
- Increased physical spacing while using elevators by reducing capacity of each elevator to three persons
- Concessions featuring cashless transactions
- Parking lots to open three hours prior to kickoff
- No gatherings in parking lots prior to the game
- No tailgating, generators, trailers, tents, grills or cooking of any kind will be allowed in parking lots this season
- Gates will open two hours prior to kickoff
- Anyone around the stadium on gameday will be expected to have a ticket or credential for that day’s game
- No RVs will be permitted in the parking lots
- The bringing of bags of any sort are strongly discouraged and only small, clear bags will be admitted
In addition, the university announced that there won’t be season tickets this year.
“Current season ticket holders who wish to attend games during the 2020 season will have the opportunity to purchase priority single-game tickets through an online selection process. Sales will begin next week, and K Fund priority ranking will determine the order for online ticket selections,” the university said in its release.
Here’s more on ticket information from the university:
"Available tickets will be physically distanced throughout Kroger Field, and accounts will be limited to purchasing one block of seats per game, most in groups of two (2) or four (4). This will help to maximize attendance opportunities for a greater number of season ticket accounts. UK Athletics hopes to accommodate as many ticket accounts as possible, though there is no guarantee that every season ticket holder will be able to purchase tickets due to the limited capacity.
Priority single-game tickets will be priced to include parking this fall. All fans will receive their tickets and parking passes via mobile delivery and must scan them on a mobile device for entry at Kroger Field.
Suite and Lexus Loge seating will remain as a season ticket, and those account holders will be contacted directly by the K Fund Office to confirm their intentions for the 2020 season. Suites will be limited to a maximum of 10 persons or 20 percent, whichever is greater.
Season ticket holders who choose to not attend games this season will be presented with donation, credit and refund options, including the opportunity to convert all or a portion of their season ticket investment to a charitable gift in support of UK Athletics and the new Ev’ry Wildcat Fund. This new fund will be used to sustain the mission of UK Athletics, serving our student-athletes, during these unprecedented times. Gifts will directly assist in supporting scholarships for more than 500 UK student-athletes.
Current season ticket holders will receive an email later today with further details about priority single-game tickets as well as options that are now available for previous payments. Ticket holders are encouraged to regularly monitor their email for additional updates leading up to the home opener.
All current season ticket holders will have the ability to renew their original seat locations and parking for the 2021 season, regardless of their choice in attending games this fall.
Details about how Kroger Field capacity adjustments will affect student ticketing, including the seating format, number of available tickets, and sales process will be communicated once those plans are finalized. All student tickets will be sold on a single-game basis for the 2020 season."
Copyright 2020 WYMT. All rights reserved.