Governor Beshear announced $6 million in funding for Kentucky Area Development Districts
FRANKFORT, Ky. (WYMT) - On Wednesday Governor Andy Beshear awarded the Department of Local Government (DLG) an additional $6 million dollars from the Coronavirus Relief Aid.
The funding will help reimburse COVID-19 related costs in Kentucky’s 15 Area Development Districts.
“Our Area Development Districts are critical parts of our local communities,” said Gov. Beshear. “These funds come at a crucial time when we are looking for ways to strengthen our communities and thoughtfully provide new opportunities while continuing to keep Kentuckians safe. I am confident their guidance and this funding will help our cities and counties develop recovery plans that will help us come out of COVID-19 stronger than before.”
ADD’s intends to use the funds for:
- Regional disaster economic recovery coordinators for the next two years
- Develop an economic plan focused on pandemic recovery and resiliency
- Improve short- and long-term economic development plans and coordination
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building for local governments and businesses impacted by COVID-19
- Organizational support for COVID-19 responses.
Copyright 2020 WYMT. All rights reserved.