COVID-19 cases surpass 228,000 in Tennessee
The Tennessee Department of Health released new numbers of COVID-19 cases in the state.
The Tennessee Department of Health reported 228,744 total COVID-19 cases in the state as of October 18.
204,726 patients have recovered or been labeled as “inactive” and 2,909 deaths people in Tennessee have died from the virus with 1,000 current hospitalizations.
Guidance released by the CDC advises practicing preventative measures to help stop an outbreak in your community by:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- If you are sick, stay home
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
Copyright 2020 WVLT. All rights reserved.