COVID-19 cases surpass 126,000 in Tennessee, recoveries reach 87k
The Tennessee Department of Health released new numbers of COVID-19 cases in the state.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - The total number of coronavirus cases in the state of Tennessee increased to 126,393 cases as of August 12.
87,290 patients have recovered and 1,289 people in Tennessee have died from the virus with 5,554 hospitalizations.
Guidance released by the CDC advises practicing preventative measures to help stop an outbreak in your community by:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- If you are sick, stay home
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
Copyright 2020 WVLT. All rights reserved.