Full list of where Kentuckians will and will not have to wear a mask
HAZARD, Ky. (WYMT) - Gov. Andy Beshear signed an executive order to mandate masks in public.
Local health departments will be enforcing the mandate which is set for the next 30 days.
Here is a full list of where Kentuckians will and will not have to wear a mask:
- While inside or waiting in line to enter:
- Retail stores
- Grocery stores
- Hair salons/barbershops
- Nail salons/spas
- tattoo parlors
- child care facilities
- restaurants or bars (when not seated and eating or drinking)
- Health care settings
- Any other indoor public space when it is difficult to maintain a physical distance of six feet from others
- While waiting for or riding on public transportation or paratransit or while riding in a taxi, private car service or ride-sharing car. Or driving any of the above while customers are present
- While in outdoor public spaces in which the person cannot maintain a physical distance of six feet
The following are exempt from wearing a mask:
- Children who are five years old and younger
- Any person who is hearing impaired or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential to communicate
- Any person with a disability, or a physical or mental impairment, that prevents them from safely wearing a face covering.
- Any person engaged in work that a state or federal regulator has concluded would make wearing a face mask covering a risk to their health or safety
- Any person who is seated and activity consuming food or a beverage at a restaurant or bar
- Any person who is obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face-covering in order to perform the service
- Any person who is required to temporarily remove their face covering to confirm their identity or for security or screening purposes
- Any person who is giving a speech or broadcast to an audience and is able to maintain a safe distance of six feet
- Any person who is in a swimming pool, lake or any body of water
- Any person who is actively engaged in exercise in a gym or indoor facility so long as six or more feet of separation
- Any person who is actively participating in athletic practice, scrimmage or competition that is permitted under separate Healthy at Work requirements
- Any person who is engaged in a lawful activity where federal or state law prohibits wearing a face covering
The mandate does not include children under the age of five or those with health problems that a mask can compromise such as asthma or COPD.
You can read the full executive order below.
Copyright 2020 WYMT. All rights reserved.